기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Daily Devotion: Psalms 132; Ecclesiastes 3:11




Prayer for the LORD's Blessing upon the Sanctuary.

"Remember, O LORD, on David's behalf, All his affliction; How he swore to the LORD and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob, "Surely I will not enter my house, Nor lie on my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes Or slumber to my eyelids, Until I find a place for the LORD, A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob." Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah, We found it in the field of Jaar. Let us go into His dwelling place; Let us worship at His footstool. Arise, O LORD, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength. Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, And let Your godly ones sing for joy. For the sake of David Your servant, Do not turn away the face of Your anointed. The LORD has sworn to David A truth from which He will not turn back; "Of the fruit of your body I will set upon your throne. "If your sons will keep My covenant And My testimony which I will teach them, Their sons also shall sit upon your throne forever." For the LORD has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation. "This is My resting place forever; Here I will dwell, for I have desired it. "I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy her needy with bread. "Her priests also I will clothe with salvation, And her godly ones will sing aloud for joy. "There I will cause the horn of David to spring forth; I have prepared a lamp for Mine anointed. "His enemies I will clothe with shame But upon himself his crown shall shine."

I had to incorporate this chapter with Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end."

What I think right now is that, God had truly made everything appropriate in his time even my failure. I usually read Bible every morning, but today was exception. I was frustrated because of it and worried that I could not do the things perfectly as I planned. This kind of incident happened several times in my life where I just cannot do the things the way I planned. I start to get anxious and terrified that my life is over or miserable. Yes, there is this feeling of failure.

During this time of failure, I start to reflect myself and ask God for what I have done wrong so that "my plan" would not go in the way that I want. Immediately after the prayer, I realize what I did wrong. Indeed, I was trying to live or control my life according to my plan and standards rather than God's plan. I became the boss of my life rather than him. I lift up myself and begin to worship his name again. I learned the same usual lesson.

My God has a plan for me, and there is no way for me to know it, but I know that it is a plan of adventure and uncertainty. There is nothing I can do except depend on him, which I will be living not by my strength but his strength. The life of faith really challenges me to live differently than the life that I want (security, comfort, no pain, no hardship, no trials).

It is time for me to grow up to truly accept the fact that God wants me to be obedient to him and live with him rather than having Jonah's complex to run away from him. As I was originally planned to take a nap, instead, I took a different path. I chose to read Bible and devote this time for prayer and reflection. The result? I have the sense of peace right now as I am resting under my heavenly father's shadow. He has taken away my troubles and worries and tells me that he cares for me.

The failures are not sign to tell me that I am miserable person but rather they are the sign of opening new open doors. I learned another lesson from failures hoping that it will lead me to light.

- Failures do not define who you are
- God has a plan for you at appropriate time (do not get anxious and worried)
- Open the new doors!
- My Lord is my dwelling place
- Obedient (get away from Jonah's complex (but either way, God will lead me to this plan))


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

life in April

(reading Bible) FINALLY finished reading Psalm for the first time in my life!!! (Hyper Life Drifter) finished first boss hahaha (Just Mercy) read first chapter / half way in 2nd chapter (Jesus Calling) Daily devotion book (on April 10st!) (The 5 Love Languages) I'm not married but interested on third chapter (Aquarium Documentary in Korea) So cooollll (newspaper) read JungAngIlBo / WallStreetJournal found few newspaper interesting this week. Disappointed with this week's opinion and column :( (homework / group project) asdjkljklfasjdkqqwegzd (walking - this photo has nothing to do with me) more than 4 hours in snowy and cold Michigan self torture (Jang Bum June 2nd Album) Interesting artist. Do not like all of his songs, but some of them are really nice (kakaotalk) celebrating Dad's birthday sorry dad, I'll remember next time (kakaotalk) my kanka(brother in Turkish

Weekly Devotion: 1 King3: 6~12

Solomon's Prayer Then Solomon said, "You have shown great loving kindness to Your servant David my father, according as he walked before You in truth and righteousness and uprightness of heart toward You; and You have reserved for him this great lovingkindness, that You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king in place of my father David, yet I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. Your servant is in the midst of Your people which You have chosen, a great people who are too many to be numbered or counted. So give Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people to discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?" It was pleasing in the sight of the LORD that Solomon had asked this things. God said to him, "Because you have asked this thing and have not asked for yourself long life, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor h

Korean Idioms Questions

1)  This old idiom is used when someone acts in the way that makes the situation even worse. 나쁜 일이 있는데 또 나쁜 일이 겹쳐서 아주 지리리 불운한 상황을 뜻합니다. What is this idiom in both Korean and English? Hint: It originated from the fables of Phaedrus in the first century. He gives a story about how a bald man  who tries to swat a fly but instead hits his head. The fly laughs at him and says, “You wished to kill me for a  touch, what will you do to yourself since you have added insult to injury?” Answer: 설상가상 (Sul-sang-ga-sang); Add insult to injury. 2)  What is the idiom that describes something that intensifies what is good to even better! (Answer either in  Korean or English). It is divided to both positive and negative meaning, which it could be something that makes  what is good to even better or what is bad to even worse. 가장 중요한 부분을 마지막 순간에 무언가를 더하여서 더 이상 건드릴 것이 없는 화려한 걸작이나 가치를 만든다는 뜻으로, 이 고사성어(사자성어)는 무엇일까요? Hint:  원피스 캐릭터 상디가 제브라(CP9)과의 싸움에서 디아블 잠브와 동시에