기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Daily Devotion: Psalms 125 / Proverbs 1

Psalms 125:
Those who trust in the Lord Are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, So the LORD surrounds His people From this time forth and forever.
For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest upon the land of the righteous, so that the righteous will not put forth their hands to the wrong.
Do good, O LORD, to those who are good And to those who are upright in their hearts.
But as for those who turn aside to their crooked ways, The LORD will lead them away with the doers of iniquity.
Peace be upon Israel.

Thoughts    
       Now, I will not be doing this everyday, but I wish to do is doing once a week.
According to the verse, David asks Lord to do good to those who are good and upright. It is time to check whether I was able to do this. Throughout my week, I was discerning who is truly upright and good, and I have been refusing to admit that some people are not good and upright. The heart of empathy truly exists in my heart although it sometimes becomes barriers to make judgement or discernment to move forward; however, I still love the feeling of empathy for I was and am a sinner. It helps me to renew my faith and ask for God’s help and wisdom every day.
Now, what does it mean by a person who is not good or upright? According to the Merriam dictionary, the word upright leads to honesty. The word good stands as what is morally correct or proper. Both words are important for a person to become a human that God intended. The origin of the word good is obscured though it seems to be related to virtue and uncertainty leading to feelings. Also, the word good has the meaning of having high quality. I think all those meanings essentially make me to conclude that they are about human character. The life-long journey given to humanity (I think) is to become a human of high quality; that is, becoming a person who is able to discern what is good and bad and walks in the path of righteousness, and the question of why we need to pursue such way is almost cannot be answered because of uncertainty. Just as there are so many unquestionable questions left in science and people believe that some truth lies in science, I think there is some value of truth in becoming a human of high quality. It is especially important or draws my attention, because it involves emotion or feelings. We may try to divide what is good or bad into laws, which I think it is a good attempt though I believe that the ultimate judgement or discernment comes from our heart or conscience. Some people may want to reject the existence of something called soul or conscience, but I think there is some truth in it.
Otherwise, where did the concept of good or bad come from? It probably all started from the thinking of how to maintain relationship with others; therefore, the concept of good and bad is relative and may be biased. But I think when we start to treat others good in the way we treat ourselves, that will make the whole question of good and bad unessential. If a person lived in the world alone, there would have not been a necessity to develop the concept of good and evil except for doing good and evil in relationship with God.
Essentially what I want to write is that, soul or mind exists, and there are ton of better thinkers who acknowledge this thinking, so I am definitely not the best. What I tried to achieve in here is to just write my thoughts and clear my thinking after reading the chapter. May the Lord allow me to facilitate and grow my thinking so that I could walk closer to him.
           
Proverbs 1:
5. A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel
7. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
8. Hear, my son, your father’s instruction And do not forsake your mother’s teaching’ Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head and ornaments about your neck.
10. My son, if sinners entice you, Do not consent.
20. Wisdom shouts in the street, She lifts her voice in the square.
22. “How long, O naïve ones, will you lobe being simple-minded?” And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing and fools hate knowledge?
23. “Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.
33: “But he who listens to me shall live securely And will be at east from the dread of evil.”

Words
Abide to accept or bear (someone or something bad, unpleasant, etc.); to stay or live somewhere; to remain
Or continue.
Scepter a long decorated stick that is carried by a king or queen; royal or imperial authority; a staff or baton borne by a sovereign as an emblem of authority.
Upright positioned to be straight up; always behaving in an honest way; having high moral standards.
Aside to or toward the side
Crooked not straight; having bends and curves; not set or placed straight; not honest
Doer a person who actively does things instead of just thinking or talking about them.
Iniquity the quality of being unfair or evil’ something that is unfair or evil.
Acquire to get (something); to come to own (something); to come to have (something); to gain (a new skill, ability, etc.) usually by your own effort.
Forsake to give up or leave (someone or something) entirely
Wreath an arrangement of leaves or flowers in the shape of a circle that is worn or placed as a sign of honor or victory; an arrangement of leaves, flowers, fruits, etc., in the shape of a circle that is used for decoration; something that is shaped like a circle.
Naïve having or showing a lack of experience or knowledge; innocent or simple
Delight a strong feeling of happiness; great pleasure or satisfaction.
Scoff an expression of scorn, derision, or contempt, an object of scorn, mockery, or derision
Scorn a feeling that someone or something is not worthy of any respect or approval; harsh criticism that shows a lack of respect or approval for someone or something.
Derision the feeling that people express when they criticize and laugh at someone or something in an insulting way.
Mockery behavior or speech that makes fun of someone or something in a hurtful way; mocking behavior or speech; a bad or useless copy of something.
Knowledge information, understanding, or skill that you get from experience or education; awareness of something; the state of being aware of something.
Reproof criticism or blame for a fault.
Good correct or proper; of high quality; morally good forces or influences; something that is right or good


Hashtag: #thisconsumesomuchtime #can I do this? #Lordhelpme #iamhungry #whydoIhavetodothis?

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

life in April

(reading Bible) FINALLY finished reading Psalm for the first time in my life!!! (Hyper Life Drifter) finished first boss hahaha (Just Mercy) read first chapter / half way in 2nd chapter (Jesus Calling) Daily devotion book (on April 10st!) (The 5 Love Languages) I'm not married but interested on third chapter (Aquarium Documentary in Korea) So cooollll (newspaper) read JungAngIlBo / WallStreetJournal found few newspaper interesting this week. Disappointed with this week's opinion and column :( (homework / group project) asdjkljklfasjdkqqwegzd (walking - this photo has nothing to do with me) more than 4 hours in snowy and cold Michigan self torture (Jang Bum June 2nd Album) Interesting artist. Do not like all of his songs, but some of them are really nice (kakaotalk) celebrating Dad's birthday sorry dad, I'll remember next time (kakaotalk) my kanka(brother in Turkish

Weekly Devotion: 1 King3: 6~12

Solomon's Prayer Then Solomon said, "You have shown great loving kindness to Your servant David my father, according as he walked before You in truth and righteousness and uprightness of heart toward You; and You have reserved for him this great lovingkindness, that You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king in place of my father David, yet I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. Your servant is in the midst of Your people which You have chosen, a great people who are too many to be numbered or counted. So give Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people to discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?" It was pleasing in the sight of the LORD that Solomon had asked this things. God said to him, "Because you have asked this thing and have not asked for yourself long life, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor h

Korean Idioms Questions

1)  This old idiom is used when someone acts in the way that makes the situation even worse. 나쁜 일이 있는데 또 나쁜 일이 겹쳐서 아주 지리리 불운한 상황을 뜻합니다. What is this idiom in both Korean and English? Hint: It originated from the fables of Phaedrus in the first century. He gives a story about how a bald man  who tries to swat a fly but instead hits his head. The fly laughs at him and says, “You wished to kill me for a  touch, what will you do to yourself since you have added insult to injury?” Answer: 설상가상 (Sul-sang-ga-sang); Add insult to injury. 2)  What is the idiom that describes something that intensifies what is good to even better! (Answer either in  Korean or English). It is divided to both positive and negative meaning, which it could be something that makes  what is good to even better or what is bad to even worse. 가장 중요한 부분을 마지막 순간에 무언가를 더하여서 더 이상 건드릴 것이 없는 화려한 걸작이나 가치를 만든다는 뜻으로, 이 고사성어(사자성어)는 무엇일까요? Hint:  원피스 캐릭터 상디가 제브라(CP9)과의 싸움에서 디아블 잠브와 동시에